Construction of fish ponds
1. The choice of the location. The place with sufficient water source, pollution-free water quality and convenient transportation should be selected.
2. Water source and water quality. A good water source for frequent addition of new water to prevent dead fish due to deteriorating water quality and lack of oxygen to the fish. This is conducive to the growth of algae and improves the water quality of fish. It is best to use river water and reservoir water for pond water.
3. The area is moderate. The size of the fish pond should be about 3-5 mu, and the adult fish pond should be about 8-10 mu. The area is relatively large and suitable for the habit of fish growth, so that the fish can move properly. The water surface is wide and is greatly affected by the wind, which can automatically increase the oxygen in the pool.
4. The water depth is moderate. The depth of the pond is preferably about 1.5 meters for fry ponds, about 2 meters for fingerling ponds, and about 3 meters for adult fish ponds. With such water depth, the water quality is not prone to drastic changes, which can increase the number of fish in the water and improve production and efficiency.
5. Good soil quality. The soil quality of the fish pond must have good water retention, generally the best loam, followed by clay, and the worst sand.
6. Pond design. The shape of the pond is best to be long in the east, wide in the north and south, a rectangle is the most suitable, and the ratio of length to width is preferably 5:3. In this way, the pond is exposed to sunlight for a long time, which is conducive to the photosynthesis of phytoplankton, and is also conducive to the management of aquaculture and fishing operations. The bottom of the pond should be turtle-shaped, with the entire bottom of the pond leaning toward the outlet, which facilitates drainage and fishing. The pond should be wide open, and the surrounding area of the pond should be relatively open, and tall trees should not be planted to avoid blocking sunlight and wind.
What to feed the fish in the pond to grow fast?
1. Plant feed. There are 3 categories: one is energy feed such as corn, bran, fine bran, barley, wheat and so on. The other type is protein feed such as bean cake, peanut cake, cottonseed cake, rapeseed cake, sesame cake, beans, etc. and by-products. There is also a variety of green feeds such as alfalfa, ryegrass, Sudan grass, various wild weeds, aquatic feeds, etc.
2. Animal feed. Animal feeds are mostly high-quality protein feeds, which cost more to use, but have better effects. Such as fish meal, blood meal, silkworm chrysalis meal, meat and bone meal and zooplankton, etc.
3. Mineral feed. Mineral feeds mainly provide macromineral elements. Such as calcium hydrogen phosphate, stone powder, bone meal, zeolite powder, medical stone, etc.
4. Additive feed. Provide various trace ingredients such as trace element additives, vitamin additives, mixtures, food attractants, colorants and some drugs.
5. In addition to the above-mentioned feeds, fly maggots, earthworms, insects and by-products of food factories such as scraps from vermicelli factories, starch factories and fermentation feeds can also be used.